I made this last year with green tomatoes from my CSA share. It was divine. I based it off a recipe I found online, but made several modifications.
- 2 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Melted Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- Dash Cloves
- 1 Cup Almonds (or walnuts)
- 1 Cup Orange Cranberries (from Trader Joes)
- 2 1/2 Cups Green Tomatoes (diced)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Beat together the sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the nuts, tomatoes and orange cranberries.
- Bake in a 9 x 13 pan for 60 minutes.
- Top with cream cheese frosting with a dash of cinnamon in it.