With their purple-hued chocolate brown color, these brownies beg to be eaten. You can feel justified in eating more than one as they have beets in them, so they’re not dessert, more like a side dish…
- 3/4 Cup Beet puree
- 4 Ounces Chocolate chips
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- Pinch Salt
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 7 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 Tsp Cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt chocolate over double-broiler. Set aside.
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a medium size bowl. Add vanilla and then eggs, one at a time, until the mixture is creamy. Add the melted chocolate and beet puree. Add the flour. Mix everything together well.
- Pour batter into a 9×9 lightly greased baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
*Beet Puree- Boil several beets until easily pierced with a fork. Either peel the beets before boiling or peel the skin off after cooking. Puree in a food processor until the consistency of baby food. Measure out the 3/4 Cup and eat the rest with a bit of butter or use it to make beet dip or something else.