I turned a cute little sugar pumpkin’s meat into two loaves of spicy pumpkin bread. When scooping out the innards, I reserved the goop in order to harvest the seeds for this quick easy and tasty snack.
- Pumpkin seeds
- Scoop out the pumpkin guts into a bowl.
- Add water to the bowl of innards.
- Dig in with your hands, separating chunks of guts from seeds. Place seeds on a plate covered in a dry cloth or paper towel and discard the rest of the goo.
- Rinse the seeds again and toss any broken or immature seeds.
- Heat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Spread a pat of melted butter along a baking tray.
- Toss the seeds onto the tray, stir to coat with butter and spread into one layer.
- Sprinkle salt over the seeds.
- Cook 10-30 minutes. Stir every 5 to 10 minutes. Seeds are done when they reach a light golden brown color.