This is a nice easy pie crust that I use for my apple pie. It’s quick to make and assemble which is a plus when the sudden urge for home made pie strikes and you don’t have time to wait around for butter to freeze.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- Mix the flour and salt together in a bowl.
- Add the milk and oil together to the dry ingredients.
- Use a fork to mix them together.
- Use your hands to finish pressing the ingredients together.
- For a top and bottom crust: form the dough into a ball and cut in half.
- Shape one half into a hockey puck and use a rolling pin to roll it out between two sheets of wax paper.
- Once rolled to size, remove the top sheet of wax paper, slide your hand under the bottom sheet, and invert the crust into the pie dish. Discard the remaining piece of wax paper.
- Press the crust into place. Cut off excess pieces and use them to patch any holes in the crust.
- Use the tines of a fork to press holes in the crust before adding whatever filling.
- Roll out the top crust between sheets of wax paper, as instructed above.