In an effort to avoid the grocery store and use up my CSA from last week, I quickly threw together this salad for lunch. Upon the first bite I realized:
This salad is amazeballs!!!!
If you find that term annoying then substitute any non-cloying superlative in its place that means “rocktastic” rather than “sucktastic.”
It’s super stellar qualities were further elevated by the ease with which I threw it all together.
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
- 1 orange
- 1/4 Cup almonds
- Feta Cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- Wash and chop up the romaine. Stick it in a bowl.
- Roughly chop the almonds. Throw them on top of the lettuce.
- Peel the orange. Cut each section into bite size pieces (I cut it into three pieces each). Throw the orange bits on top of the almond bits.
- Squeeze a zig zag of honey across the top of the salad.
- Sprinkle some feta on top.
- Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar on the salad.
- Stick a fork in it and shovel into mouth. Feel the “OMG amazeballs” love.